For companies with a diverse mobile communication environment in their workplace, partnering with the right mobile SMS and voice call recording vendor can make or break their business, especially if they’re operating under the scrutiny of financial, government, and healthcare regulators. While challenging, most companies, organizations, and agencies believe that finding the middle ground between fast and secure workplace communication and efficient mobile communication archiving is the key to long-term operational success and regulatory compliance.
To achieve such a feat, more and more companies are seeking the expertise and solutions of instant messaging security and compliance vendors. These vendors provide solutions that can securely send messages as well as record mobile SMS, capture voice calls, and archive social media and other mobile content including messages, files, and voice chat from WhatsApp and WeChat. These capabilities help regulated companies and agencies to comply with different retention and data protection regulations such as FINRA, SEC, MiFID II, GDPR, DPA, FOIA,andHIPAA.
Current Drivers in Enterprise Mobile Archiving and Secure Messaging Market
Aside from regulatory requirements, the market for enterprise-grade mobile archiving and secure instant communication solutions is also driven by concerns over confidentiality of their communications, according to the recent Gartner report. Other drivers include:
- Usability – Companies and agencies are looking for a solution that can provide superior security while improving the user Compatibility with iOS platform, AppConfig, and with Rich Communication Services (RCS) are just a few of the initiatives that vendors are making to match the usability requirements of the market.
- Social Capture and RegTech – RegTech solutions that can archive not only mobile SMS, but also chats and voice conversations over apps such as WhatsApp, WeChat, iMessage, Facebook Messenger, and QQ are increasingly required.
- Surveillance Concerns and Data Protection Regulations – The market for encrypted communication platforms is further driven by “recent news about cellular network attacks and overly aggressive data sharing of personal information on mobile platforms and mobile apps” such as WhatsApp. However, only a few companies deploy an enterprise-grade encrypted messaging solution, with most seeking a private consumer-grade alternative to WhatsApp.
Capabilities to Look For in an Enterprise Messaging Mobile SMS and Voice Capture Archiving Vendor
The Gartner report details the main kinds of archiving and secure messaging capabilities and solutions selectively available in the market.
- Encrypted Instant Communications–This solution is typically deployed to mitigate risk such as data breach due to hacking, corporate espionage, and common enterprise data loss. Some of the key differentiators of the solutions in the market include encryption certifications, the capability to be installed on-premises and to connect with a local PBX, and the ability to contain and protect contacts and messages from the rest of the mobile device.
- Mobile SMS and Voice Retention– This solution often involves the use of stand-alone voice and messaging apps that capture and record mobile SMS, voice calls, and other mobile content, while there are solutions that directly archive SMS contents directly from telecom carriers. Regardless, many companies implement the approach that is best suited to the mobile ownership landscape in their workplace (BYOD, CYOD, or corporate-owned).
- Social Capture–This capability has recently gained traction among companies where the majority of employees are using social and instant messaging apps such as WhatsApp. Solutions range from adding an archiving entity to a group conversation to spinning off a web session of the chat, to running an app with permissions to archive content (for Android).
One of the select enterprise messaging and archiving vendor in the market that supports all these capabilities is TeleMessage.
The TeleMessage Secure Enterprise Messaging supports encryption for instant messaging, as well as message self-destruction and app remote data lock and wipe. It includes tools for administrators to enforce policies, monitor usage,and related events, and run reports. It provides APIs for integrations with online web and email interfaces. The administrator can impose fixed durations for communications to be stored in the app, after which they are deleted.
The TeleMessage Mobile Archiver effectively addresses compliance, regulatory, eDiscovery response requirements and reduces risk across financial, healthcare, and public sectors. TeleMessage captures and records mobile content, including SMS, MMS, voice calls, social media, and WhatsApp Chats from corporate or BYOD mobile phones. Messages are securely and reliably retained within TeleMessage servers or forwarded to an archiving data storage vendor of your choice.
Our mobile archiving products securely capture content from mobile carriers and mobile devices for a variety of ownership models (BYOD, CYOD, and employer-issued). With our multiple archiving methods, you can always find the right tools or blend for your text message archiving and voice call recording requirements:
TeleMessage offers cross-carrier and international mobile text and calls archiving for Corporate and BYOD phones. Contact Us to try our secure enterprise messaging and mobile archiving products today.