In some cases, the WhatsApp Cloud Archiver, which is based on web capture of WhatsApp messages, is getting a message that looks like the one below:
This “Waiting for this message” alert, can happen if:
- The user’s app is not updated
- The contact’s app is not updated
- The contact’s app was closed before the inscription process was finished.
More information about this topic appears on the WhatsApp site: https://faq.whatsapp.com/3398056720476987/
When a delayed message is detected, the WCA service retries to capture the message for up to 5 days and will populate the content of the message on success.
In cases where the message was updated after the 5-day retry, the message will not be archived.
We send an alert to the user (admin and our control service) at the following times:
- 1st alert: When retry mechanism has been non-successful for 24 hoursWe will wait for 24 hours since these issues usually resolves of itself within this timeframe (since one of the parties updates or reopens the mobile app)
- 2nd alert: after 72 hours the retry mechanism is still not successful
- 3rd alert: If after 120 hours (5 days) the retry mechanism reaches the end with a non-successful result