Note for US and Canadian users: Android devices in your region do not support native Voice call recording. You can use the Android Archiver to records SMS/MMS text messages.
TeleMessage has several released versions of the Android Archiver with Voice call recording.
- Our current Google Play version records voice calls on the latest android devices with native recording support.
– If your phone has native Google or manufacturer support. We can record your calls and deliver the recordings to your enterprise archive!
– Any Samsung device which supports mobile recording on manufacturer level, with Android 9 and Android 10 including the following:
- Sample devices with support for android native call recording appear below
– Device call recording capability varies. The following smartphones were verified to support call recording
|Samsung Galaxy S22||SM-||Android 12|
|Samsung Galaxy S21||SM-G991U||Android 11|
|Samsung Galaxy S20||SM-G980F||Android 10|
|Samsung Galaxy S9||SM-G960F||Android 10|
|Samsung Galaxy S8||SM-G950F||Android 9|
|Samsung Galaxy Note9||SM-N960F||Android 9|
|Samsung Galaxy A71||SM-A715F||Android 10–11|
|Samsung Galaxy A70||SM-A705F||Android 9–11|
|Samsung Galaxy A52||SM-A528B||Android 11|
|Samsung Galaxy A50||SM-A505F||Android 9|
|Samsung Galaxy A40||SM-A405F||Android 9|
|Samsung Galaxy A32 5G||SM-A326B||Android 10|
|Samsung Galaxy A32||SM-A326B/DS||Android 11|
|Samsung Galaxy A12||SM-A127F/DSN||Android 11|
|Samsung Galaxy A9||SM-A920F||Android 9|
- Selected Android devices without built-in native call support are still capable of voice call archiving.
Available on the following Android OS versions:
Minimum 5.x, Maximum 8.x – but not supported on 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 .
- Older Android 8 and earlier OS devices include:
|Samsung Galaxy s8|
|Samsung Galaxy s7|
|Samsung Galaxy s6|
|Samsung Galaxy s4 (Only one side is recorded in US version)|
|Samsung Galaxy s3 (Only one side is recorded in US version)|
|Samsung Galaxy s2 (Only one side is recorded in US version)|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 5|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 4|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 3|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 2|
|Samsung Galaxy J5|
|Samsung Galaxy A5|
|Moto Nexus 6 (Only one side is recorded in US version)|
|Moto X Style|
|Motorola G5 plus|
|Sony Z2 D503|
- What format are calls recorded in? MP3 32 Kbps
- On some devices, there are known limitations:
– Galaxy s2 / Galaxy s3 / Galaxy s4 (US Version): Call Recording always work for one-side (firmware changes for US regulation)
– Xaomi Smartphones: Problems with recordings, Need additional permissions from phone settings before each new Archiver installation: Settings–>Permissions–>Autostart—>Android Archiver–>ON
– Some devices with Android 7.1.X: Due to an Operating System bug in Android 7.1.1 and Android 7.1.2 some devices don’t show stable call recording behavior. If possible we advise you to switch to another OS version or device.
See also: Android Archiver SMS/MMS Support