WhatsApp Archiver requires two initial procedures before the user can install it:
Identifying and acquiring the device UDID
Note: UDID is a unique identifier for your iOS device. The UDID format is according to the phone manufacture date, as follows:
To Acquire and Identify Device UDID
Four Methods: Which to employ?
- If you have iTunes installed on a PC/Mac, Extracting UDID using iTunes is the default first choice
- If you have MDM in your organization, ask your IT staff to supply you with the UDID
- If you don’t have iTunes or MDM, try using the profile installation. Some iPhones don’t support the profile installation. Those iPhones should use the USB cable option.
Method 1: Extracting UDID using a profile installation
- On your iPhone, open the Safari browser and navigate to http://udid.io/ and download the profile (please note that http://udid.io/ does not work in incognito).
Select ‘Allow’ download.
It will indicate profile was downloaded.
- Navigate to the iPhone Settings->General->Profile & Device management and Get You UDID:
Select the profile and enter your iPhone passcode to proceed.
- Click ‘Install’ at the top right corner:
- Approve the Installation:
- You will then be presented with a screen with your UDID.
You can send your UDID by pressing the button “Send UDID via Email” and sending it to your project / account manager.
- Or tap to mark the UDID and copy your UDID from the screen and sending it to your project / account manager.
Method 2: Extracting UDID via Windows/Mac USB cable:
Connect the iPhone to your Mac or PC via USB cable
- Mac :
- Select the Apple button
- Select About This Mac
- Enter System Reports…
- In Hardware menu, select USB
- In USB Device Tree select iPhone and then you can see you UDID as Serial Number
- Tap the Windows key () and enter: control panel:
- Select Device Manager.* if you are not seeing Device Manager in Control panel view, change the view from Category to Large icons
- If you are not a local administrator on your PC the following dialog will appear. Confirm acceptance with OK.
- Connect your iPhone via USB cable to your PC.
- If this is the first time your iPhone was connected to your PC you will see a popup dialog. Click Trust.
- You should now see the iPhone node under Portable Devices section. If you don’t see it , please disconnect the USB cable and reconnect.
- If you see still don’t see your iPhone then Windows is still installing the iPhone driver. iPhone will have a yellow icon next to it and the window will indicate that it is installing a driver. Please wait until installation is completed.
- In Portable Devices, double click on Apple iPhone to open Apple iPhone Properties
- Navigate to the Details tab.
- Select Parent.
Method 3: Extracting UDID using iTunes
In case the instructions above didn’t work, and you can’t install a profile to extract UDID, use the following steps to pull UDID via iTunes:
- Open iTunes on your computer (on Mac or PC! not iTunes on your iPhone).
- Plug in and connect your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad to the computer using a USB cable.
- Click on your device name – if you have several devices in the name under the devices list.See arrows in the image below to check where to click:
- Ensure you’re on the Summary tab, and Click on the text Serial Number until it changes to UDID. The text toggles between Serial number – UDID – ECID and model identifier.See arrows 1 and 2 in the image below:
Method 4: Extracting UDID using MDM
Use MDM applications to acquire the UDID
Provisioning the UDID
Once you have the UDID of your device, do the following:
- Send the UDID to your account manager or to your project / account manager – include a note that it’s for your WhatsApp Archiver on iOS.
- TeleMessage will then provision your UDID and send to you an email notification that you can now launch the installation process.
- Ensure you receive confirmation from to your project / account manager or our support team that your UDID is registered.