With TeleMessage’s messaging APIs, you can add an essential layer of security to your app.
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Two-factor authentication is a security process in which the user provides two means of identification from separate categories of credentials; one is typically a physical token, such as a card, and the other is typically something memorized, such as a security code.
In this case, the end user would be required to enter an unique temporary PIN code they receive via their mobile phone into the application they’re trying to access. The PIN can be received via SMS or an automated voice call. This method of combining a known password to a physical device (i.e., a mobile phone) can greatly improve security and identity verification.
What can two-factor authentication be used for?
- Number Ownership: With 2FA enabled, only users’ whose phone numbers have been verified can log into the app, even if their password has been compromised or stolen.
- Payment Confirmation: Confirm large purchases or other financial transactions with SMS verification. Banks, payment gateways, online stores, etc, send codes to the registered mobile number, and the buyer must enter the code into the app before continuing with the transaction.
- Employee Access: Enable to 2FA on apps that contain sensitive company data. Only once the employee has entered the code sent to their mobile device, can they access the app and the information contained within it.
- Server Access: For employees, and even 3rd-party users to access servers from remote locations safely and securely, they must enter the OTP sent to their mobile device. Ideal for IT departments, enterprises, banks, hospitals, clinics, government agencies, etc.
- Private Messaging: Server providers, IT monitoring systems, web-hosting services, etc., can integrate their monitoring tools to send alerts to their IT teams and escalate issues to the right person. To ensure that only authorized individuals are receiving critical messages, two-factor authentication would require users to enter a OTP before accessing the information.
Real Life Uses Cases
F5 (Coming Soon)
TeleMessage can help you add two-factor authentication your application. Interested in learning more? Contact Us!