Receiving Text Messages to Your Virtual Number
Two-Way Text Messaging allows you to interact with the people receiving messages from your automated systems.
This is highly useful for one-question polls, get status updates, register to events, etc.
You can either use a dedicated number or a TeleMessage system number.
Or use a FREE shared number
In your SMS settings, configure to get “Replies to Outbound Messages” > “Use a system allocated number (or my personal short/long code). Recipients will be able to reply to these messages, and replies will appear in my Inbox.”
Configure to get statuses, replies and incoming messages routed to:
- An external URL API – use our forwarding and routing rules. See images below.
- You can add an “auto reply” message for people texting you.
- You can also view/get messages in our web portal.
- You can configure a fixed URL in your forwarding preferences as explained above.
- Once activated, you can also change the URL address for each message using this XML structure of incoming messages.This will tell our system that you request for push status.
- In order to send attachments, you will receive responses in XML format.