Receiving Text Messages to Your Virtual Number
Two-Way Text Messaging allows you to interact with the people receiving messages from your automated systems.
This is highly useful for one-question polls, get status updates, register to events, etc.
You can either use a dedicated number or a TeleMessage system number.
Or use a FREE shared number
In your SMS settings, configure to get “Replies to Outbound Messages” > “Use a system allocated number (or my personal short/long code). Recipients will be able to reply to these messages, and replies will appear in my Inbox.”
Configure to get replies and incoming messages routed to:
- An external URL API – use our forwarding and routing rules. See images below.
- You can add an “auto reply” message for people texting you.
- You can also view/get messages in our web portal.
- You can configure a fixed URL (for replies and Incoming) in your forwarding preferences as explained above.
Additionally, the fixed URL should accept inbound HTTP Post requests.
First time users with a new domain will need to be whitelisted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your account manager with your IP address.
- Example for the XML structure for incoming and replies you will receive to the URL you set – XML structure of incoming messages
- Example for XML structure for incoming and replies that contains attachments – receive responses in XML format.
- For statuses you can contact us to set fixed URL in your account (Please contact email@example.com or your account manager with your URL). You can also change the URL address for each message using this XML structure –request for push status.